Re[2]: IMHO

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: IMHO
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 97 14:40:50 EST

     Phil,

     Sorry, but who's being emotional about this, me or you?

     Jeff

Subject: Re: IMHO
Author:  LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com at INTERNET
Date:    3/21/97 11:33 AM

     In one of Tom's earlier messages, he mentioned the fact that STOA &
     the TAC program is making efforts to train inspectors/certify cars in
     other parts of the country. He and the others also spend considerable
     amounts of their FREE TIME and out-of-pocket money to TAC TIGERS
     outside of the Bay Area. They have flown to L.A. and to last year's
     TE/AE meet in Florida, with NO re-imbursement for their expenses.

     This is done to preserve the value of your hobby. The TAC process is
     strictly a go/no-go set of individual items, that taken wholly or in
     part nets a car a TAC sticker & certification or not.

     Stop the emotionalism about the snobbery, elitism, seniority and all
     the other B.S. Why? Because they've paid the dues, put in the time,
     and it's run the way it should be. Period.

     As an aside, but relevant, I passed the GMAT and went to grad school.
     T.S. to someone who hires in later, hasn't put in the effort and gets
     paid less and whines about not being in a "senior" position and how
     much less they make than me. TAC INSPECTORS deserve the same
     consideration. Life's unequal. So is the playing field. Don't TEAR
     PEOPLE DOWN to your level. Instead RISE up to where you want to be.
     What's the expression, "run with the big dogs or stay on the porch".

     Suing the seller also shows me that again, you forego responsibilty
     for your own actions because you, for whatever reason, didn't do your
     homework thoroughly enough. Hey, guess what? All used cars are sold
     "as-is", with no warranty, explicit or implied. Go ahead and sue. I've
     used the UCC for the last 20 years, been to court as a witness for
     disputes between sellers and buyers on the corporate level. Guess
     what? The judge has always looked real THOROUGHLY at due-diligence of
     the buyer.

     -I bought a TIGER that had been wrecked, said so in the "Book of
     Norman" and was not fixed 100% properly. Who's "fault? MINE. Do I ever
     think about suiing the PO? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Instead, I'll fix the car
     the way it should be, and move on in life.A TIGER is real whether it's
     TAC'd or not. TAC-ing it just a way some very knowledgeable and
     unselfish folks have pooled their knowledge to agree on the fact it
     came down Jensen's assembly line as a TIGER.

                             Phil LeBrun