RE: Ring Gear Bolt Replacment

To: "'alpine clan'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, DSand95510@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Ring Gear Bolt Replacment
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 23:46:50 -0800
        Just a question here.  Has anyone heard of replacement Alpine
Axle shaft and bearing retainers that do NOT have the keyed taper press
fit removable hubs?  ie. a one piece axle like most cars have.?  I tore
up an axle and a hub when I had my 65 Alpine, and I was just wondering
if anyone made one piece units.
        And while I'm at it, has anyone ever done a IRS conversion to
something like a Jag XKE rear end, or Triumph Stag style?  Just
wondering what the car would be like with an IRS.

Rich

(think this will start a new thread?)