Mazda powered alpine???

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mazda powered alpine???
From: "T, L & T Harrington" <foxfire@mail.sover.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 21:18:31 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,
I would like to have some input on the Mazda rx7 powered alpine's that have
been done.
I have a chance to buy a 1982 mazda rx7 with 92,000 miles on drivetrain.
Price for this car as asking = 300.00

My question's are the following :

What are the strong and weak points of the rx7 drivetrain and such ??

this car has the 5-speed with hydraulic clutch , did they hold up well ??

did you use the same alpine rearend ??

How about parts cost for the rx7 motor ?? and can you tell me how much
horsepower they produce ??

what is the weight of the motor compared to the alpine motor ??

what problems did you have doing this swap ??

any suggestions ????????????????????

also, any performance parts for the rotory engine ??

I don't want to cut up my alpine just to get a little more POWER ! this is
the reason for my thought on this swap.......... any info would help me
decide, thanks alot, Todd.
Todd "HURRICANE" Harrington
RIDE HARD & DIE FREE !