Talbot Sunbeam Lotus

To: "Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA)" <GROSS@UNIT.COM>,
Subject: Talbot Sunbeam Lotus
From: Russell Maddock <rmaddock@petrie.starway.net.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:48:24 +1000
Jarrid Gross (Yorba Linda, CA) wrote:

> In Europe, Sunbeam Talbot produced the Sunbeam Talbot Lotus,
> which was actually a Lotus 911 powered Dodge Omni, which used
> a 2.2 liter version of the above motor.

I think, Jarrid, you have your post-Rootes Talbots mixed up. The Talbot
Sunbeam family, of which the Lotus was a member, was derived from the
Hillman Avenger. It was the Talbot Horizon which was based on the
Omni/Plymouth Horizon as part of a Chrysler world car project. Despite
appearances to the contrary, the Horizon and Sunbeam were completely
different products (the Sunbeam had two less doors and IMO was better
looking). I have seen this error in many books.

See http://petrie.starway.net.au/~rmaddock/talsun.htm

Russ Maddock