Re: Collector Car Insurance

To: tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Collector Car Insurance
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 97 08:10:00 PDT
>  I wouldn't have State Farm if you paid me!
>  All I've ever heard about State Farm is horror stories.

Well, I'm not insured with State Farm, but I've had a number of dealings
with them.
Over the years, we've been hit by three State Farm drivers.  They totaled
two Honda Civics, and did about $1500 in damages to the Mk II . . . the
doofus  rear-ended us . . . while we were parked in line . . . waiting for
Tech Inspection . . . at an autocross in San Diego!

No problem whatsoever in collecting from them for the two Hondas.  One, I
had started refurbishing, and they also paid for everything I had recent
receipts for--upholstery, carpets, rust repair on the back hatch, stuff like
that.  And they approved and paid for each and every piece of "incidental
damage" that our body shop encountered once they got into the Mk II.

Ramon