Re: Collector Car Insurance

To: alcon@earthlink.net (Allan Connell)
Subject: Re: Collector Car Insurance
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 97 10:22:53 PDT
> At 12:29 AM 5/15/97 -0400, CoolVT@aol.com wrote:
> >Try State Farm.  Ask the agent about different classifications itr could be
> >insured under.  They have a classic car category that should come in under
> >$150 per year (less if you have only comprehensive during the cold months).
> >   Mark
> >

> Mark is right....State Farm just got wise here in California and revised
> everything,  Now it costs me $152.00 per year to insure the Tiger with a
> stated value of (I think) $18,500.....yeah, I know, none of you would give
> me that for the car......Full coverage including collision with a $250
>
> Allan

Hmmm, 'bout time for me to give State Farm a call.  I opted for their
normal coverage (with stated value) rather than going with the more
restrictive collector coverage offered by the specialty companies.  Only
restriction is <7.5kmile/year- same as on all my cars.

BTW, I've had State Farm auto coverage off an on since the mid '50s.
Never a hassle on any claims or a cancellation.

Roland