Re: DMV hassles

To: Harold Hartsell <Hartsell@thegrid.net>
Subject: Re: DMV hassles
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 16:57:41 -0700
At 03:26 PM 5/16/97 -0700, Harold Hartsell wrote:
>Roland wrote:
>
>> Each trip meant some new required
>> document or inspection certificate that had to be obtain form some place
>> other than the DMV.  Finally, many visits and clerks later, with
>
>In my experience with the Calif. DMV I have learned that it is better
>not to ask a clerk if you need any further documentation because said
>clerk will ALWAYS say no. But will always demand something new when you
>come back.... Better to prepare yourself psychologically for the
>beaurocratic onslaught beforehand.
>
>I had to go through 4 visits to the DMV to register my car when I bought
>it a few years back. The clerk also attempted to take my black plates,
>which became another fiasco.
>
>Harold

Interesting.  When I bought my car from the PO, rather than standing in
line, I deposited all of the paperwork in the appropriate envelope and put
it in  their drop off box.  Contrary to all other transactions I had ever
gone through with the DMV on previous vehicles (like all others, minimum of
4 visits) I got a temp title in 5 days and a real one in about two weeks.
The nice lady at the info desk told me how to figure the tax and I included
that in the envelope.  Apparently I overpaid and the State of California
had to send me a check for $2.50!!  Does this make you wonder if the people
at the counter just LOVE to make your life miserable??  Maybe they are
evaluated on something we don't know about??

Happy Tiger'in

Allan
B9472373

Steve!  Answer those e-mails!!