Need advice

Subject: Need advice
From: "James Pickard" <geowiz@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 07:30:54 -0500
I'm considering the purchase of a daily driver in need of cosmetic
restoration.  It's most serious flaws are some rust on the rocker panels
and small holes (about 1/4") rusted through behind each rear wheel, and a
cracked dash board.  What are my chances of being able to fix this up and
what is it likely to cost?  Can you patch the rust and will it hold up (I'm
in the Deep South where future rust will not be a problem)?  Is a
replacement dash available?  I've seen some restored cars and I'm wondering
if one of them might be a better buy.  Surely there is a wealth of
experience on this subject on this mailing list.

Thanks,

Jim Pickard
(one time owner of a new Alpine, now entering 2nd childhood)