Plates

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Plates
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 11:11:09 -0700
Chris S. Mottram wrote:
>What is the "proper" place to mount a rear license plate in the US., on the
>boot lid or under the bumper?
>What are you guys using to mount them?

I'm using a simple bracket of double-thick sheet metal, ell-shaped,
attached to the car by the same bolts that hold in the fuel-tank
crossover pipe. This puts the tag under the bumper, and the tag lamp
assembly easily inverts to illuminate it. My choice was driven by an
aversion to drilling the deck lid. A quick check of the car just now
shows no _obvious_ (hard to tell due to the reinforcements being in
the way)patching of earlier holes, so I'm not sure of the original
location.  Photos in the picture books show a lot of cars w/the tag in
the middle of the deck lid, that's likely the location of choice. BTW,
my tag extends no further down than the exhaust, it is not a clearance
problem.

>Thanks,
>Chris (4 holes in my boot) Mottram

Ya got the hole, Chris, ya might as well us 'em. Shows off the "My other car is
a Kia Sportage"
liscense plate frame better!

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"