caps, rear seat

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: caps, rear seat
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@mail.biddeford.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 08:48:26 -0500
I was looking for a source for a quality ballcap to replace a US Navy cap I
have worn out and found the Cooperstown Ballcap Co. at
http://www.ballcap.com   .  They are going to do one for me but I noticed
two syles that might be of interest to Tiger owners.  One is a 1901 Detroit
Tigers cap which has a stalking tiger silhouette, the other is a 1953 Topps
 Detroit cap which has a Tiger head in color.  I'm going to order the 1901
style.
 These are fitted caps in felt with
leather sweatbands, unlike the terrible one size fits all sort which modern
society finds acceptable.  (of course they cost more).  The people are
really helpful and will custom fit you if you have a wierd big head like
mine.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone but I have no commercial interest in this
and just want to pass on what I consider a great find.

In a more Tiger related vein, my '64 MK 1 has a 4 " thick cushioned seat
behind the front seats which looks like a  very optimistic passenger
accomodation and mostly just takes up space. It is removeable.  Was this a
standard fitment
or did the previous owner just have it made up?  This was a one owner since
new car until I bought it in '95.

Rgds,

Ron Franklin

Bowdoin, Maine, USA