Re[2]: Radiator cleaner

To: fisher@tomahawk.DST.BATTELLE.ORG,
Subject: Re[2]: Radiator cleaner
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 97 15:27:26 EST
     Think of it this way -- does it really make any sense to suppose that
     a thermostat will make the engine run warmer in winter by
     restricting flow and will also make the engine run cooler in summer by
restricting flow?

     In the Tiger owners manual it says to use a 160F thermostat in the summer
and a 190F in the winter.  The thermostat opens at a lower temp. in the summer
to allow coolant to flow from hot engine to cool radiator sooner thus keeping
engine temp lower.  A higher temp thermostat in winter allows hot engine coolant
to reach a higher temp before reaching much cooler radiator thus making the
engine warmer in winter.  In either case, coolant flow is restricted  at
different temperatures to achieve the opposite results cited in your question.
Or am I totally wrong?

Keepin' cool,

Jeff