Re: Eureka, Where can I meet the caravan

To: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Eureka, Where can I meet the caravan
From: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 21:28:29 -0700
I stopped by the Sant Rosa Hilton on the way to work and checked out the
caravan before they left on their final leg of the trip to Eureka.  I
counted approximately 12 driven cars plus a few more on trailers.  Norm was
driving the one LeMans coupe that was present.  I saw David D. with the
ralley car, Bill V. with his Harrington Tiger and others.  I got to talk
briefly with Ian Hall and saw Rosmary Smith.  There were lots of folks
there who i knew by name only and it was kind of neat to be able to put
some faces to those names.

In typical British car fasion two of the caravan participants (the Lemans
coupe and the ralley car) were being worked upon so they could continue the
trip.  The Lemans car had a problem with the starting motor system and in
the end had to be push started.  Rosemary Smith helped push start the coupe
and I wondered how many times she had done that in her long association
with Sunbeam competition vehicles.

At 11:26 PM 6/17/97 +0000, Allan Connell wrote:
>At 08:56 AM 6/16/97 -0700, William Goebner wrote:
>>Norm Miller wrote:
>>Tuesday's journey continues up 101 for a full day of motoring.  Groupies
>>are expected and welcome to slide into the ranks along the way.
>>To help make that possible, more descriptive route timetables will be
>>developed and made available shortly.
>>
>>Norm or Caravan members,
>>Where can I "slide into the ranks" when you go through the San Jose &
>>San Francisco Bay area?
>>
>>I'd like to slide in.
>>
>>Bill Goebner - B9470807 - Woodside, California
>>

>Gawd!!!  I am jealous!!  I have to work and go to attend a medical meeting
>on Asthma in Chicago and you folks are out having a ball.  My poor Tiger
>along with my poor wife are sitting at home forelorn.  Please keep me
>posted as to the progress on the net.....Hey, did Dick Barker make it with
>his special Tigger??
>
>Please, Please keep me and the balance of us poor slugs with under utilized
>special cars informed!!
>
>Regards,
>
>Allan
>B9472373

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  "fix me"
                       Yamaha Seca 900