Flywheel

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Flywheel
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 20:07:55 -0400
At 05:59 pm 6/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
... I am in SERIOUS need of advice.

>First, the flywheel ring gear (157 teeth) is pretty badly chewed up. Also,
the flywheel has been
>machined at least once, and there are some pretty deep cracks due to some
obvious overheating.
>So, It would appear that I need to replace both the flywheel and the ring
gear. Should I, and if
>so can anyone tell me where I might find said items and what specific parts
numbers I should
>ask for?
>

>Thanks!

Joe,
      Go to your Ford dealer and check the parts counter for a flywheel
 complete with ring gear.  Be sure to tell them it is for a 260 as the balance
weight changed ( at least from 289 to late model 302),  Something around
28.2 oz for early and 50 oz for late model.
     Your local auto parts store could probably find a flywheel as well.
       If you want to be real safe then get a Ford MotorSports
 SVO M-6375-A302 billet steel flywheel.  28.2 oz. unbalance, 157 teeth.
  It takes a 10.5" clutch.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.