Flywheel Ring Gear

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Flywheel Ring Gear
From: WELamb@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 21:17:55 -0400 (EDT)
I am also working on a ring gear. I recently purchased a 65 Tiger (my dream
since high school). Not being so mechanically inclined, I have let my
mechanic work on the machine to get it up to par. It really is in pretty good
shape, but needed some work on the clutch, etc. The guy I bought it from said
the flywheel needed to be replaced. My mechanic (good, but not familiar with
this car) said the flywheel is fine, but the ring gear needs replacing.

I called around and was told the 260 Ford had two options: one a 10 inch (157
teeth) part # c20z6384b and an 11 inch (164 teeth) part # c5az6384d. My
mechanic said the ring gear on this machine is 10 1/2 inches and has 160
teeth. Any guesses on what's going on and what I need to get to replace what
I have?