Re: Hunter for Cheap

To: Alpine List <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, Tiger List <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: Hunter for Cheap
From: Russell Maddock <rmaddock@petrie.starway.net.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:14:47 +1000
The humble Hillman Hunter provides an excellent case study on Rootes'
badge engineering activities. They were sold under a bewildering variety
of names for marketing purposes around the world. Here are the
nameplates used on Hunters that I can think of:

Hillman Hunter
Hillman Minx
Hillman Arrow
Humber Sceptre
Singer Gazelle
Singer Vogue
Sunbeam Hunter
Sunbeam Minx
Sunbeam Arrow
Sunbeam Sceptre
Sunbeam Gazelle
Sunbeam Vogue
Chrysler Hunter
Paykan

and I think there was a Dodge-badged Hunter pickup/ute, possibly for
South Africa?