Re: Tigers included in the new 261TAC total

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Subject: Re: Tigers included in the new 261TAC total
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
At 09:43 AM 6/30/97 EST, you wrote:
>     we managed to authenticate 15 new Tigers bringing our total to date to
>     261.  In fact we were = successful
>     in adding all but TWO of the Tigers that attended the event,
>
>       Did this include the three Le Mans cars, the Harrington car, and the
>Shelby prototype?
>
>   Just asking a question, no flames needed.
>
>    Jeff

Sorry, but The prototypes and the LeMans Tigers were based on Alpines
shells and therefore do not have the distinguishing features we seek while
Authenticating production Tigers.  On the other hand, "Harry" was
Authenticated (TAC #70  4/94), several years ago as a Jensen production
shell.  The two factory rally cars that were in attendance at Eureka were
Authenticated.  In fact the evidence clearly indicates that the Rootes
Competion Department rebodied (same licence ID & VIN, different JAL #) at
least one of the early rally cars using a Mk V Jensen Tiger shell.  I'm
afraid that the myth that the factory cut up perfectly saleable Alpines to
rebody and maintain their stable of competion Tigers still has no basis in
fact.

Tom Hall