Tyvek and forkin play

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tyvek and forkin play
From: "Chris S. Mottram"<Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 20:03:11 -0400

From: Chris S. Mottram@ECCI on 07/07/97 08:03 PM

I was out looking at (cheap) car covers today.  The Budge brand came in 2
types Tyvek (spun olefin) or polypropelyne.  They actually listed Alpines
and Tigers on the back of the box.  I normally keep my car in the garage
and want the cover to keep the occasional dog from scrathing the paint and
to be able to leave my car outside at the mechanic.  I seem to recall
something posted a few months back about cotton being best due to
breathability.  Does anyone have any experience with this material.

Part 2 - On my Series 5, I am having problems with my clutch hydrolics and
linkage.  Does the slave cylinder mount in front or behind the mounting
tabs?  Should I be able to manually move the clutch fork rod that sticks
out of the bell housing?  With the slave cylinder off, I can move it back
and forth a inch or two.  I am trying to determine if there is a spring
tensioning mechanism inside the clutch that has popped loose and is causing
my problem.

Once I get this fixed, I should have built up a suffient amount of repair
time in my LBC account to allow me to drive for several weeks!  I have
contracted a 1:1 fix/drive hours ratio with the LBC god.

 Thanks,

Chris Mottram
B395003294 Sunbeast