Tigers United XXII

To: "'Duncanson, David'" <catsclaws@msn.com>
Subject: Tigers United XXII
From: "Bennett, Cullen" <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 97 10:31:00 MST
David,
I just read your "warm" response to the negative comments about the Tigers
United XXII and I applaud your obvious use or restraint. Bobbie and I had a
wonderful time at the event (maybe it was because we were in our own world).
I went with the expectation of meeting a lot of wonderful people and having
a fun time, and I found just what I was seeking. I didn't win anything (even
a dash plaque), but I didn't go with that expectation, so I wasn't
disappointed. We ended driving just over 3000 miles round trip and the
expenses associated with it, and I feel it was worth every penny spent. The
car got dirty, but it ran just as well with a few free riding bugs on the
windscreen as it did perfectly clean. I think that if Lord Rootes were
alive, he would agree that it is how you use the car and the enjoyment of
driving it is where the fun is really resident, and not whether "the bolts
are all turned the same direction". After all, it only takes a dumb robot to
make things exactly the same way every time. In all of the Tigers that I
personally saw at the event, (which includes the Lemans cars) there were no
two of them that were absolutely identical. Even the paint jobs that were
supposed to be identical were all different shades (close, But NO cigars).
People, on the other hand are supposed to all be different, and I think the
Good Lord knew exactly what he was doing when he planned it that way. (To be
enjoyed and not compared).
I would have to agree that things could have been done differently with some
of the events, But that's all part of a learning process. I personally THANK
everyone who put their efforts into making the event happen. I have never
meet such wonderful and gracious people as Rosemary, Ian and yourself and
want to let you know that Bobbie and I appreciated your efforts in making
the TU-XXII the success that it was. It was through the endless efforts put
out by everyone, including Norman, Margie, Paul, Dennis and Maria, Dan,
Kathy and Steve and countless others who were quietly working away in the
background (even while everyone else was out enjoying themselves) that made
this a success. "IT IS THE PEOPLE and not the cars that make the difference"
and I have to agree with Peter when he said it so eloquently. Personally, I
couldn't tell if it was goose "poop" or seagull "poop". If you don't want it
on your shoes, "don't step in it".

sincerely,
Cullen Bennett in Tempe AZ (B9472658)
p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com (just in case anyone wants to send a flaming arrow