why we don't have a king

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: why we don't have a king
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix5.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:50:43 -0700
>Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:49:53 -0700
>To: catsclaw@msn.com
>From: tiger technologies <tartanad@popd.ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: why we don't have a king
>
>David:
>One thing most Europeans don't appreciate is that Americans--the melting
pot of the universe--are invited to have and share opinions. Look in your
history books and you'll rediscover why we don't belong to Britain any longer.

>Unlike you, I appreciated reading what you had to say. I don't have to
agree with WHAT you had to say, but I certainly encourage you to say
whatever you wish, whether or not it is based in fact.

>Because of your miotic view, you obviously failed to capture the full
picture. As Mr. Harde so eloquently pointed out, it is difficult to swallow
the fact that all of Norm's hard work in developing a for-the-first-time
ever (it my Tiger memory that goes back 30 years) all went down the goose
pot when "the powerful few" changed the rules at the last minute, after many
of us had spent countless time and money to make our cars look their Sunday
best.

>Even you must have been disappointed by the turn of events regarding the
concours. And judging by the many responses over the Internet, my opinion
rang true to many.

>And by the way, the reason Sunbeams of the West never took place--not that
it's any of your business--is that I was burdened with cancer at the time,
and I didn't think it was fair to saddle my friend Jan Harde with the
responsibility of conducting the event on his own. (And thank you for
asking...I am now 100% recovered!)

>Whether I become involved in TUXXIII is totally dependent on whether I am
asked to become involved by CAT or the event chairs. And I have always said
it is a thankless task to work a concours (or any other club event), and my
hat's off to all those hard workin' folks who slaved long and hard on
TUXXII. But Jan and I do have some ideas that we believe will participants
talking positively long after they've left Big Bear.