"" United Thank's ""

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: "" United Thank's ""
From: "JAN S-E HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 16:04:50 -0700
All TIGER LOVERS, and United attendees,
peace to all, I think all this has gotten out of hand, somewhat...
There was never a critique against how XLNT overall the event was
handled, nor the wonderful people that came from England and from all
over for that matter..
I have attended several United's, I enjoy the making of new friendships,
as well as renewing old ones..
I am sorry if my comments came across as an attack, this was not to be
the intent, I give NORM and Margie along with others, a standing ovation.

I think that what some of us did not appreciate, ( And this will be the
last time I say this ) was that Norm had worked very very hard on
developing a fair and I feel accurate judging form.
I personally took this very seriously indeed, I enjoy competition, as do
most Red Blooded Americans ( even though I am from SWEDEN ) and we all
need a target to shoot for, and I enjoyed seeing such a detailed judging
to be done @ Eureka.
I basically took of of work from February of this year, and spent just
over 700 hours to complete my car almost all on my own, as I had made a
commitment to Norm to bring the car to Eureka, and I wanted it to show
well.. ( and I am THRILLED with my Trophy,,,THANK YOU !!! )
I think we can all see that the Concourse was the area that was not as
advertised for months on the net, as well as in my registration packet.
I do believe that as I said before, that people like myself, Dave
McDermott, Laura Ettinger, Bill Van Valkinburg and many many more have
and have had their cars restored, for the purpose of showing, and I am
sure that Bill and Laura did not pay the Restoration shops to restore
their cars to simply Auto cross them well ???
I do not remember Bill telling me that Pebble Beach had a tough Auto
cross event as part of their criteria, DID THEY... Maybe I am wrong???
And in Palm Springs, I do not remember Laura having to compete on the
race track??

My poin is that a CONCOURSE, and my Trophy does say CONCOURSE on it, is
different than a car show and a show and shine...

I do think that like most clubs that we do restore our cars to show them
of, am I wrong ??? And if we spend $ 30 or $ 40,000 to restore a car, and
to have it correct, then it is fun to compeet with our peers @ a United,
judged by a crew of disriminating judges, just like there is a Light and
a timer used for the Auto cross, people don't just guess at the times do
they???
I, and others have only brought this up, as point of discussion so that
we can get together and improve for the future events...
Again KUDOS to all who unselfishly gave of themselves, to make this event
so special, and please know that you all did a great job, and as Norm
said for a long time, this was the event of a lifetime, it will never
come around again, unless a miracle happens...

Please excuse all my poor spelling, (don't judge me on this, ha ha)

See Ya'                Jan.....