RE: Archimedes'principle-Eureka's dirty bath water!

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Archimedes'principle-Eureka's dirty bath water!
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix17.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:57:40 -0700
>Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:56:07 -0700
>To: richards@northcoast.com
>From: tiger technologies <tartanad@popd.ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: RE: Archimedes'principle-Eureka's dirty bath water!
>
>Ramon:
>Welcome to the fray. One thing you fail to understand is that NO ONE is
arguing against autocross, particularly at the expense of a concours event.
The entire argument--now living its own life--is that at Eureka, with all
those famous folks and Tigers coming--the concours took on a more serious
air than would normally be the case. Everyone wanted to look their Sunday
best. Norm Miller worked tirelessly to develop a judging criteria that ran
for many months on the internet. Many of us geared our preparations for
Eureka around those guidelines. Then suddenly (the day of the event) all the
rules changed, the lame excuse being that the criteria would be unfair to
the personalized and modified Tigers. Didn't the "powers to be" read the
internet during the past months? Didn't they talk to Norm? And since the
guidelines were determined to favor the stock class cars, why not leave the
criteria as it was and come up with some bonus point structure for the other
classes?

>And Ramon, one thing to really keep in mind is that for the most part, the
cars at Eureka--or any other event--are NOT professionally prepared and most
of us pride ourselves in performing whatever tasks we can to make our Tigers
look and run their best. And some of us even drive them to events. To change
the rules in the middle of the game was rude, unthoughtful and showed a lack
of compassion for those of us who spent lots of time and money to look our best.

>And by the way, where were you? You and your bride would have cleaned
everybody's clock on that boorish autocross course.