RE: Shimmy Cause

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, "'Anita & Jim Barrett'" <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Shimmy Cause
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 05:38:02 -0700
        You definetly do NOT want the Solid Aluminum bushings, as these
transfer ALL of the shock loads and vibrations from the A-arm to the
fulcrum pin, it's mountings and the entire crossmember.  Even the
Polyurethane bushings increase these shock loads, but not to the extent
of Solid Metal.  I made some Delrin (Registered trade mark of
someone...DuPont I believe) for my Alpine, which seemed to work pretty
well, for the three months I had them in there.  Delrin is a bit softer
than the typical Polyurethane ones are.  The Basic old Rubber ones are
probably still the best thing for these cars unless racing, auto-X every
weekend type car.

Rich