Re: Aluminum water pump

To: Randy Zimmermann <RZIMM@hhh.umn.edu>
Subject: Re: Aluminum water pump
From: Will Seay <wseay@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 19:19:38 -0400
Randy Zimmermann wrote:

> I'd like to hear more about why the Tiger water pump is unique versus
> the standard aftermarket aluminum pumps sold for Ford 260's.  I'm
> rebuilding my engine and have obtained a Carter pump from a local
> supplier.  Visually comparing the new pump with the old pump, I can't
> see any substantial differences.  But if there are, I don't want to
> install something that will adversely effect the engine.  I'm spending
> too much money and time to have that happen!.
>
> Randy Zimmermann
> 66 MkIa (B382002349)

Randy,

I thought what was unique to the Tiger water pump was the dimension from
mounting surface to the hub, but if you can't see any difference between
the stock pump and the Carter pump, guess that's not the case.  The
original water pump is a Ford part (C4JE8501-A), but it was my
understanding that it wasn't standard to the 260 engine.  See if your
parts guy can cross-reference his part to the original Ford part no.  If
he can do that you should be home free.
--
Will Seay - B382001570 - wseay@sprynet.com