Replacement Engines

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Replacement Engines
From: Bill Gegg <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 16:51:01 -0700
My 289 will not pass smog due to excessive emissions and after 15 years
of service, I am not suprised.  I am looking at one of the Ford
Motorsport engines(Model E50) as a replacement engine.  Has anyone used
one of these engines in their Tiger?

Also after having seen all of the recent water pump questions, does
anyone know if the water pump on these Motorsport engines goes the
reverse direction which might entail additional work?

Last question....for now.  There is a Motorsport filter adapter(m50?)
that allows a spin on filter.  Do these work in the Tiger or is there a
problem with header clearance(I have headers)

Thanks everyone..... for all of the interesting Tiger reading.