Re[4]: Sorry, Martha

To: actynes@communique.net, cobra@cdc.hp.com, LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Subject: Re[4]: Sorry, Martha
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 97 13:54:49 EST

     Phil,

       You obviously have (in my opinion and let the flames begin), a
     healthy attitude toward the hobby of 'collector cars'.  For some
     people, it is an all consuming passion of what is 'correct and
     original' versus just driving and enjoying the car itself.  Museum
     pieces are fine and dandy but you never see them on the road.  All
     cars where built for one reason and one reason only, to be driven.

      My philosophy toward my Tiger is to try to keep it running as reliably as
     possible and to keep the appearance close to stock. Others might modify the
     s*** out of it or keep all the Rootes stickers and chalk markings on.  In
     either instance, that's cool by me. Every one has an opinion and is free to
     express it (the euphemism is 'bitch').  The problem arises when someone on
     this list might not like it and gets defensive.

     Always controversial,

     Jeff