ongoing T-5 problem

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ongoing T-5 problem
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 11:54:30 -0700
I still have my problem with the speedometer cable leaking ATF through the
windings of the speedo
cable housing. Last year, someone on the list suggested that the Mustang cable
is too short, but one
for a Ford pickup with a T-5 might be long enough; and that those new-car
cables have solid, not
wound, cable sheathing.

Well, I just got back from a local Ford dealer _without_ a cable. The boy
behind the counter tells
me that there's no such thing, no trucks came with T-5's, if you buy a truck
with a 5-speed you get
a Mazda tranny. I don't know whether to believe him or not.

Anybody out there have the same problem? Anybody know of a solution? Try
another Ford dealer?

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"