FOMOCO CARB??

To: Tiger E-Mail <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FOMOCO CARB??
From: jaars@cyberportal.net
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
My Tiger came with a carburator, which has a label stamped with "FOMOCO C40F
B4KB".  This number is repeated on the carb body itself. According to the
windshield sticker the car was originally sold with a "Competition Cobra 289
engine" for an extra $600.00.  Someone told me this was maybe a dealer
"doll-up".  However the window sticker has no dealer name.  P.O.E. was Boston.
Any more info which can be helpful to find its history is appreciated.
For example how many cars were imported with P.O.E. Boston?  I thought most
came
through Long Island.  However I know of 2 more who came through Boston.
Does anybody out there have Tiger B9470145, if so let me know.  I have its
window sticker!!
Back to the carb: I don't know enough about carburators, someone told me
Mercury
used this carb.  Can anybody shine some light on this??  Where else was this
carb used, is it a Carter, a Holley or what? I need some parts and want to find
out first what I really have and possibly obtain a parts/instruction sheet.
Thanks, Robert

B9470858 LRX Tiger MKI