New attitude

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: New attitude
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix7.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 13:55:05 -0700
To all Southern California Tigers owners and lovers:
Those who missed last week's monthly CAT meeting missed what I am inclined
to believe is the most significant discussion ever of where we are and where
we can go as a motoring group. Sitting casually on the wall at the local
Mission Viejo Der Weinerschnitzel was CAT prez Tom McDaniel, discussing and
and asking how the club can be improved. Items such as weekend fun rallyes,
swaps, fix-ins and just general get-togethers were brought up as ways to
mend the fences not only within the club ranks but with those Tiger owners
who just stay away because of all the BS politics.

The goal as this member sees it is to work very hard between now and TUXXIII
so that when the time comes, all Tiger owners will work hand in hand to put
on--and enjoy--a spirited, very fun and fruitful time at Big Bear. Tom
McDaniel seems commited to this cause and I for one loudly applaud his
efforts. And remember, this is a guy without a lot of spare time on his
hands. If he's willing give what little free time he has, shouldn't the rest
of us? After all, working together is the only way to REALLY get things done.

And as Steve Alcala told me a few weeks ago as we lounged lazily at the
Beverly Hills Car Show when I asked him how we could get more club
participation as compared to friends of mine who enjoy a multitude of
activities and friendships in the local Healey club, there are so few Tigers
around that our ranks are effectively thin. That just means we have to work
all the harder. Casual car nuts LOVE to see our cars, so let's display them
more often.

Tom is planning a weekend event in Ventura in October. It will be casual,
non-political, inexpensive and F-U-N. There will even be a car show to
attend (hosted by the local Mustang club). You'll be hearing more about it
as time nears. And Tiger Technologies will host another of its famous "swap
till you drop" meets in November.

Let's use these events as the springboard for a great future. Happy
Tigerin'...keep it straight down the road of life.

Jeff Cushing/TT