Re: carb selection

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: carb selection
From: Douglas Pruitt <DOUGLAS.PRUITT@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 18:31:27
At 09:19 PM 8/14/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I got this response from Holley Tech support on picking a carb.
>
>From: "Tech Support" <support@holley.com>
>To: joetiger@mindspring.com
>
>The 600cfm carb. is a bit too big for the 260 engine. I would suggest a
>390
>cfm carburetor part#0-8007.
> ----------
>
>This carb is listed as a 4 bbl 'calibrated for small displacement V8'.
>
>Any more opinions before I put the order in?

        I help install 450 CFM on a 350 CID Corvette. In vigorous street driving
there was no obvious loss of power and the throttle response was excellent.
The 390 on a 260 would probably be the same. On the other hand there are
plenty of 260s, 289s and 302s with the "universal" model 4160 600 CFM that
run just fine. I suspect that you will be happy with either one. How do you
intend to drive the car. Will you be racing, using a redline over 5000 rpm,
or just street driving?

Doug Pruitt
Frederick, Maryland

All generalizations are wrong.