Re: carb selection

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, joe brackin <joetiger@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: carb selection
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 97 08:12:06 EST

     This past spring I installed an Edelbrock 600cfm with their manifold
     on my stock 260 and it runs fine.  They make a 500cfm carb but it was
     slightly more expensive(they sell less of these) and did not have an
     electric choke.  According to various carb charts I have seen, a
     smaller than 600cfm carb is supposed to be used with a 260 but the
     600cfm works great.

     A 390 cfm carb is smaller than what was sold as a LAT option.  There
     were two Holley carbs offered for LAT options, one was a 450cfm(?)
     with a manifold(30+hp increase) and the other was a 700cfm(?) with
     manifold, cam, and solid lifters (245hp option).  If I don't have the
     details right I sure someone on the list can correct me.

     Jeff