Re: 260 Rebuild Advice

To: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 260 Rebuild Advice
From: richards@northcoast.com
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:40:57 -0700
I rebuilt my last 260 completely stock(no hard seats) for little or nothing and
was completely satisfied.  Polished the crank and refitted new standard
bearings....cut a minute ridge and honed for 64-260 stock pistons and rings,
valve grind with new seals.......new timing chain and gears...stock pump...new
gasket and seals...some cleaning and soaking of the old cam and lifters.....I
think I was under $350 for all.  hand polished a new aluminum h2O pump and
rodded the radiator.....Never had any overheating problems.....

Chris