Re: Pull to the Right.

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Pull to the Right.
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 97 10:56:36 EST

 The only thing you haven't replaced is the brakeline junction box where the
brakelines and brake switch meet.

Jeff

Subject: Pull to the Right.
Author:  Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com> at INTERNET
Date:    8/26/97 3:45 PM

Help!
 My Tiger is pulling to the right when I brake.
It is worse the harder I brake.

 A few weeks ago I noted that my Tiger was shimming when I
hit the brakes.  I found that the A arm bushings had been damaged
by header heat.  I replaced all bushings and insulated the headers with
Thermo-tec.  I checked the alignment and it was good. 1/2 degree
negative camber, 1/8" toe in and 4 1/2 degrees of caster. The Tiger
pulled to the right when I hit the brakes.
 Replaced the upper and lower ball joints , examined the coil
springs and rechecked the alignment.
 The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Replaced the rear brake shoes.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
  Replaced the front tires with new 205-60-13 TAs.
 The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Replaced the disks with good freshly turned disks.  Measured the
thickness and they are equal and nicely done.Checked, cleaned and
repacked the wheel bearings.  Bearings and seals appeared to be good.
Hubs turned smooth with no end play apparent.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
  Replaced calipers with used set.
Used new Flex hoses and checked that they were clear.
Used slightly worn metallic pads.
 The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Rebuilt the calipers and rechecked the brake hoses.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
  Swapped the used pads to opposite side.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Swapped the shocks to the opposite side.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Swapped the Tires/wheels to opposite side.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Removed the sway bar.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Replaced the steel brake line going from the X fitting to the left side.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Bled the brakes several times.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Rechecked the alignment several times.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Rechecked air in tires several times.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 Rechecked the tightness of bolts in A arms,
lower ball joints and steering arm.  New tie rod ends.
The Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
 No apparent slack in steering rack noted.
 The Tiger sets level.
 Checked the motor mounts. OK.
The @3$!%^&#@ Tiger pulled to the right on braking.
Jim Barrett Tiger 351C and others