Re: Pull it (from the bottom)

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Pull it (from the bottom)
From: gary_winblad@juno.com (Gary A Winblad)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 20:16:32 -0700
On Thu, 28 Aug 97 06:24:01 -0600 STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
writes:
>Item Subject: Re: Pull it
>     I've seen it done by hanging  the front of the Tiger on an
>industrial
>     strength "come along".  Do all your disconnections before
>starting.
>     Lift it up, remove the crossmember.  lower it down until the
>     engine/tranny sits on the dolly (in this case a creeper), undo
>the
>     engine mount bolts, lift the body up, and roll the engine out.
>For
>     reinstallation, matching up the holes is easier, because you can
>slide
>     the car back and forth a bit, and fine tune the height with the
>come
>     along.
>
>     Stu

My idea for the ultimate set-up is:
make a fixture to plug into the stock jack ports to allow
the floor jack to jack up the front (normal jack range would
require two increments), build a Kempinski dolley and
you could pull the engine with just a floor jack!!  And in
the lowest garage...  think about it.

Gary