Pull to the Right

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Pull to the Right
From: Anita Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:29:54 -0400
Tigers,
        Finally, I got the TigerII repaired.  The final fix was to move
a 3/32" shim from the rear of the left A arm mount to the front of
the left A arm mount.  Too much caster on the left side.  Now the
Tiger runs down the road with no drift to either side and hard,
hands off braking is streight.  One of the major problems with the
brakes pulling to the right was a smashed brake line running from
the X fitting to the left side.  The steel brake line should have been
secured with the metal brackets welded to the front cross member
but it was not and as a result when the tire store guy used a floor
jack to raise the Tiger he smashed the steel line.
       Working on Tigers in the Florida summertime is hard.  With a heat
index of about 107 it doesn't take long for me to get old fast.

        By the way, every time the Thermo-rap on the headers get damp
they stink when they heat up.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.