Re[2]: Steam holes

To: anitabrt@mindspring.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net, Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: Steam holes
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 97 12:07:41 EST
     a late 260 block bored to 4.00" (no mail please, I've already heard
     that it 'can't be done'....)

     'Performance Tuning the Sunbeam Tiger' by Gordon Chittenden, says you
     can bore out a late 260 block to 289 specs since these were in reality
     289 blocks that Ford Industrial made to meet Rootes contractual
     obligations.  According to Mr. Chittenden it is possible, and I am
     willing to go on the record as believing you, that you bored out your
     260 block to 4.00".
     I know you don't want any more email on the subject but another
     controversy can't hurt.

     Jeff