Re: Transporting a Tiger

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Transporting a Tiger
From: "Schotland" <schotbus@cyberenet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 00:48:26 +0000
Jim:

If you're going to transport the car yourself, spend the extra bucks
to rent a full trailer rather than a tow dolly.  A tow dolly is fine for
going across town, but for a long trip I personally prefer the extra
margin of safety afforded by a full trailer.

Of the national rental chains that have trailers, only U-Haul
will rent you a trailer without a truck to go with it.  I've rented
trailers in excess of a dozen times.  And in each instance, I tried to
get one of any number of local Ryder or Hertz/Penske dealers to rent
me only a trailer because I had trouble finding one through U-Haul.  No
cracks in the armor; all of the Hertz/Penske and Ryder dealers told me
to get lost.

Gary