Re: Tiger steering Rack/Akerman

To: laifman@flash.net, Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Subject: Re: Tiger steering Rack/Akerman
From: Spook37211@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 12:28:27 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-24 16:12:28 EDT, laifman@flash.net writes:

<<
 Chris, et al,

 I do realize that other rack and pinion's can be made to fit the Tiger.
 The problem in the "Ackerman Angle" is not the rack and pinion, but the
 relationship of it's location and the steering arms coming from the
 wheels. I believe they should be behind the pivot poitn, not ahead, and
 the arm lengths/angle are wrong. This is a rather complicated situation.

 Unless you are wrong about " This is a total bolt on and requires no
 cutting/modification from stock other than replacing parts", I can't see
 how this changes anything.

 Steve
 --

Steve is quite correct: the problem is rack location, not the rack itself.
 Anderson had a kit out several years ago that solved the Ackerman problem,