Re: heater hoses etc

To: Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: heater hoses etc
From: jay peterson <japeterson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 20:31:56 +0000
Spook37211@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 97-09-26 08:32:25 EDT, joetiger@mindspring.com writes:
>
> <<
>  Anyone out there with an Edelbrock performer/Holley 4bbl setup care to
>  give some advice on heater hose routing. Did you use a spacer under the
>  carb? If not, (that's my plan right now) what did you do about the temp
>  sensor? Is there a replacement sensor that will go in the hole next the
>  to the thermostat housing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>  On another topic, what are the 'proper' locations for attachment of the
>  ground strap.
>
>   >>
> I used a spacer under the carb to smooth transition into the manifold.  I
> found that VDO sells a sensor for the temp gauge that makes the gauge read
> correctly.  It fits the hole next to the t stat housing.  I found it at NAPA.
> Ray

Joe,
I do not know what size hole you have for the sender on the F4B, but
when I put a COBRA manifold on my Tiger I used a Smiths TT6811/01 in the
temp sender hole by the thermostat housing. It has smaller diameter than
the original Tiger sender, and tests with a thermocouple showed the
sender and gauge tracked within a couple of degrees throuout the range.
I bought the sender from JAE auto parts in Santa Barbara, 805 967-5767.
Jay Peterson