Re: Gold?

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Gold?
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 14:03:59 +0100
STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: Re: Tiger parts car for an Alpine
>      Speaking of Gold Sunbeams (see below)...
>
>      At SUNI 1 there was an Alpine that had all of it's bright metals GOLD
>      PLATED.  Gold bumpers, badges, Alpine script, wipers, door handles,
>      stuff in the engine compartment, etc.  A bunch of kids did it, and one
>      of their fathers had a plating shop.  As I recall, it was out of the
>      Northwest, Oregon, Washington or maybe B. C.  Has this car ever
>      surfaced again?
>
>      Stu

Stu,

I think I remember that gold plated Alpine. Only it wasn't plated, it
was solid gold. Come to think of it, it wasn't an Alpine, but a Rolls-
Royce. Well, at least it was British. Owned by one of the Goldfinger
boys. I think he bought it at an auction and thought he was getting an
original Rolls. Imagine his dismay when he found out it was a
reproduction, and he'd been had. Bet it didn't even have the original
factory rivets.

{*->
--
                      < one first win, is all >