Re: Gold?

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gold?
From: DSand95510@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:56:58 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-10-01 14:49:01 EDT,
STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com writes:

>     At SUNI 1 there was an Alpine that had all of it's bright metals GOLD
>     PLATED.  Gold bumpers, badges, Alpine script, wipers, door handles,
>     stuff in the engine compartment, etc.  A bunch of kids did it, and one
>     of their fathers had a plating shop.  As I recall, it was out of the
>     Northwest, Oregon, Washington or maybe B. C.  Has this car ever
>     surfaced again?

The gold-plated Series I at SUNI I was owned by Troy Cooper, who lives near
Vancouver, BC..   He sold the car to a Californian about three years ago, and
has since done an even better restoration of a Series II (not gold-plated).
 When I spoke to him a few months ago, he said he hadn't heard from the buyer
of the gold-plated special since he sold it.

Dick Sanders
Seattle