results - San Diego British Car Day

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: results - San Diego British Car Day
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 23:20:04 -0400 (EDT)
I know you have all been waiting for the unaudited preliminary results of
today's event - so here goes.

Total entry - 273 cars

Total Rootes Group cars - 21   (3 Hillmans, 7 Tigers, 11 Alpines [2 Talbots,
1 series 2, 1 series 4, and 7 series 5s].

Winning club display - Sunbeam Owners Group of San Diego

Peoples' Choice Best of Show - Sunbeam Tiger (owned by Brock Tella)

Best of Marque / Sunbeam - Tiger owned by Brock Tella

It was nice to see - again - two Sunbeams in the Winner's Circle representing
the best of last year's show - Bob Palmer's Tiger which was people's choice
and Ed Stewart's Talbot Alpine which was best of marque.

The weather was perfect if you found some shade.  Temperature 80F, humidity
14%.

Brock received two beautiful trophies including a clock for peoples choice -
oh yeah, they were designed by a Hillman guy, George Tipp.

Anyhow, it was a great day and at least, so far, I haven't heard any
complaints about the location or it's condition.

"Ole" Olson