Body Shop Screws Up Locks

To: alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Body Shop Screws Up Locks
From: Steve Semeraro <semeraro@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:46:18 -0400
I got my car back from the body shop a few weeks ago.  (Some may
remember the story of how I was hit from behind!)  The body work was
great, and the paint job came out pretty good.  Some minor blemishes.
But nothings perfect.  One problem has surfaced.  The doors locks always
worked just fine.  I rarely lock the doors and didn't think to check
when I first brought the car home.  A few days ago, however, I tried the
locks and neither works.  The latches work OK.  But no lock.  When I put
in the key, it turns freely.  No click.  Any ideas?  Is this something
simple that they forgot to do?  Did they leave something out?
Suggestions would be appreciated.  Many thanks.

Steve Semeraro
Series V Sunbeam Alpine
1968 Marcos GT