Re: FW: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""

To: "JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Subject: Re: FW: "" POSSIBLE TIGER CLONE WARNING ""
From: Harold Hartsell <hartsell@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:31:57 -0700
I think that it is very important for us as a community to be aware of
Alpine conversions. Any prospective buyer would be glad to have this
kind of information available. It isn't just the value of the car or
that it is mis-represented, but it could also mean that the car was a
"hatchet" job and is not as safe as it should be.

On the other hand,  I think we need to be careful, in that what may be a
real Tiger could be called a fake by someone who doesn't really know how
to tell the difference. This could result in a reference in some printed
journal that could haunt the owner of a legit car and perhaps damage
his/her ability to sell it.

So for me, I think Jan's idea of a qualified inspector sponsored by a
Tiger club is a good one. It would be an incentive for non members to
join the club, and it would allow the buyer a better chance of getting
the right car.

Perhaps TAC could be opened up to a broader geographical area to
accomodate this? Or perhaps CAT could do it? It could generate club
revenue at the same time. It would be a service worth paying for.

Just my 2 cents worth,

Harold
B9470535