Re: Mt. Washington Hill Climb

To: anitabrt@mindspring.com (Anita Barrett)
Subject: Re: Mt. Washington Hill Climb
From: "Schonberger, Barry" <bkschonb.ucs@smtp.usi.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 97 12:47:54 -0500
Current competition rules do not require the use of a Tiger tub. To build
a competitive car in todays environment there is not much on a Tiger you
would use. My car and at least two other Tigers currently competing are
tube frame construction like Trans Am, NASCAR etc. Tom Pattons car still
retains the floor pan but that's all. No need to cut up a good Tiger or
Alpine to make a race car when you can build within the rules a
competitive car from ground up. It is cheaper also. That's why in 1988 I
sold my production based car and built the tube car. At club events I do
not enter as a Tiger, I just make exhibition runs.
     Team Tiger has the entire car in fiberglass. These are not for your
street car but for race application. Solo can use it all, vintage can use
hoods and trunks, SCCA road racing all.