RE: Tiger parameters

To: "'DANMAS@aol.com'" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Tiger parameters
From: "JAN SVEN-ERIK HARDE, LUTCF" <harde@cyberesc.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 17:42:35 -0700

----------
From:  DANMAS@aol.com[SMTP:DANMAS@aol.com]
Sent:  Sunday, November 23, 1997 2:28 PM
To:  Dave.Gauthier@nike.com
Cc:  tigers@autox.team.net
Subject:  Tiger parameters

Dave,
Check out the Tigers East/Alpine's East WEB page, and all this is on there..

See Ya'                     Jan....................

Thu, 20 Nov 97 8:12:44 -0800 Dave Gauthier wrote:

Could someone supply me with the following specs for a stock Tiger (Mk1a)?

Total Weight:
Engine Weight:
>>snip<<

Dave:

I can't help with the rest of your request, but I can provide the engine
weight. A stock engine, with one 4bbl carb, complete with flywheel, clutch,
starter, alternator, headers, ie 'ready to run" weighs, plus or minus a pound
or two, 520 pounds. That does not include oil or water.

The same engine, with aluminum intake, water pump, lightweight flywheel and
starter, alternator - ready to run - weighs 420 pounds. No oil or water.

The T5 transmission weighs, with bellhousing,  85 pounds.

I determined the above weights by taking the engines apart and weighing the
pieces on a set of bathroom scales.

PS: The fellow never sent me the pictures of the Chevy 350 powered TR250, so
I can't forward them to you as promised.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74