RE: Unusual Tiger Photo

To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com, "'RPalmerBob@aol.com'" <RPalmerBob@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Unusual Tiger Photo
From: "KEMPINSKI, ROBERT M. (JSC-OS)" <robert.m.kempinski1@jsc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 09:17:22 -0600
Bob,

        >From what I recall, this fiberglass front end was constructed a
        >number of years ago to replace the front clip that was badly
damaged in an
        >accident.

A Tiger kit car!  Cool.  Now there will be an easy way to spot Algers.

        >As you can read in the LapCAD website information, the finite
        >element program was used to model the Tiger's chassis.  I believe
that the
        >auto shown in their slide show is, in fact, represents the Tiger
chassis.
Their did look like quite a resemblence to the Tiger floor pan, but the roof
section threw me.  I guess with a computer it is easy to add a few parts
here and there.

        >I understand that, should you wish to, the owner still has the mold
for the
        >front end and may be willing to produce further copies.

        For my tastes, they are going to have to delete the head lights from
the bottom and go with pop-up headlights.  IMHO, that should really clean up
the front end.
        I wonder how much it would set someone back?

        Rob Kempinski
        Houston Texas