Ford V-8...Not really Sunbeam related,....

To: "'alpines@autox.team.net'" <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Ford V-8...Not really Sunbeam related,....
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 04:23:47 -0800
        I have finally found out what kind of car it was that Mel Gibson
drove in the Mad Max films.  I always thougt it was some Austrailian version
of the Cortina, but in fact it was a 1974 Ford Falcon GT Coupe (or Falcon XB
GT, seems to be called by both names on the page), which came with, (Jim
Barrnet should like this), a 300hp 351-C as the standard engine.
        Do you remember the car?  It's the ratty looking former police car
(from the first film) the the Blower sticking up out of the hood.  His was,
as you find out in the second movie, the last of the V-8 Interceptors.
There is a bunch of cool information on this Aussie Web site, with some
pictures of the cars.  They also have some interesting information on the
movies...  Here's the web site!

http://werple.net.au/~pumpkin/madmax.html

Rich