Re: tiger firewall

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, <barsnej@wsdot.wa.gov>
Subject: Re: tiger firewall
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 97 16:41:34 -0500

     There are a few other thing to consider with your conversion:

     What axle, gearbox and drive shaft are you going to use?
     What spring rates to use for the front?, Alpine springs are too weak.
     How to arrange the steering mechanism? If you use the stock
     arangement, ala Ken Miles, the engine will be very far forward and not
     good for handling.
     Reshaping the front fender wells and the braces to the firewall to fit
     the engine.
     What about cooling, the stock Alpine radiator is too small for a V8.

     All things considered, you might be better off buying a restoration
     special Tiger to hotrod instead of an Alpine. Or put a v6 in instead
     of the V8.

     Jeff