re: tiger firewall

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: re: tiger firewall
From: <Dave.Gauthier@nike.com> "Dave Gauthier"
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 97 8:29:44 -0800
Hi Jeff,

Although you've taken the plunge by purchasing the Alpines, I think you'll
continually find both difficulty and resistance getting the information and
making the modifications from Tiger owners and from the Alpine ;]  I have
seen a VW based rack and pinion as well as a Fiero front susp. for the
conversion. As you've heard, there are many more hurdles to overcome . . .
tape measures and torches are in your future . . .

If it's not too late, dare I suggest another vehicle for your project? (I'm
sure the Tigerlist police will be after me for this.) The TR6 has just
about the same track, a 2" longer wheel base, offers a good rack & pinion,
10.9" front disk brakes, and several choices for rear suspension, including
IRS. With a Ford 5.0 conversion, your engine weighs 36 pounds less than the
TR6 six cylinder. You'll be able to see and reach all 8 spark plugs!  Let
me know if you want more info . . .

Original Text
>From "Barsness Jeff" <barsnej@wsdot.wa.gov>, on 12/1/97 11:20 AM:
Hi there, I just recently aquired a pair of Alpines. One is a complete
rustbucket and the other has a solid body but only about 50% there. I'm
planning on Tigerizing the good Alpine. What I would like to know is the
diminsions on the recessed area in the firewall to clear the motor. My
plan is not to build a Tiger, only a hot rod. Any additional advice
would also be appreciated. Thanks alot. Jeff Barsness