Re: Tiger hunting redux

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Tiger hunting redux
From: RPalmerBob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 23:05:22 -0500 (EST)
Steve,

You have hit the nail squarely on the head as far as I am concerned.  One
problem that occurs to me is that while fraud may not be a motive for many of
the "converted", every conversion that I am aware of has had the chassis and
JAL tags switched and the car registered as a "real" Tiger.  In one case I
know of in San Diego, when the owner drops he will probably have the car
buried with him, so I know his reason for swapping tags was not immediately
fraudulent.  But once it has gone this far, it's very likely that if the car
is sold, perhaps even the second or third time, the dubious heritage will be
conveniently forgoten.

Bob

<< Either with engine modifications, or swaps. I do believe,
 however, that most individuals would be less than happy with an
 imposter. That is, someone who DELIBERATELY tries to misguide anyone as
 to his (or his cars) credentials. This is called fraud, and it is not
 tolerable in any group.

etc., etc.,  - - - yadah, yadah, yadah, - - - -

 Originality is not the issue, honesty is. I do believe that there may be
 enthusiasts who have unwittingly purchased a counterfeit, because we do
 know they are being offered for sale as original. I do not believe
 anyone looks down on them. But I am sure they have plenty of feelings
 about the perpetrator of the crime of fraud.

 Don't be put-off, Colin, by mis-directed rancor. I am sure that Jeff is
 not one of the group that supports counterfeiting. He does have strong
 feelings about the STRONG FEELINGS that run around the net, and I don't
 blame him. >>